6 Family Dinner Conversation Starters
“A new study just came out that says tween girls aren’t developing healthy social skills. It says they’re so locked into their computers and cell phones that they’re not learning to make eye contact or conversation. That’s just one reason why family mealtime is so important; it gives parents and kids the chance to connect without the distraction of electronics.
Use these interesting March facts and questions to spark some dinner conversation around your table.
1. What famous soft drink was introduced in March of 1886? Coca Cola
If you could only have one drink, other than water, for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
2. What famous European landmark opened in March, 1889? The Eiffel Tower in Paris.
If you could visit any famous landmark in the world, where would you go?
3. What state joined the union in March in 1803? Ohio became the 17th state in 1803
If you could visit any state in the U.S., which one would you choose?
4. What is the birthstone for March? Aquamarine
Would you rather have a diamond ring, a sports car, or a horse?
5. In what year did the Star-Spangled Banner become our national anthem? 1876, 1902, 1931, or 1951? The answer is 1931.
Can you sing all of the words to the Star Spangled Banner?
6. Which of these people were not born in March? Justin Bieber, Albert Einstein, Johann Bach, or Ronald Reagan. Ronald Reagan was born on February 6, 1911.
If it were possible, who would you like to meet the most? Justin Bieber, Albert Einstein, Johann Bach, or Ronald Reagan?
Related Resource: 4 ways to make dinnertime aswesome
© 2014 iMOM. All Rights Reserved. Family First, All Pro Dad, iMOM, and Family Minute with Mark Merrill are registered trademarks.