No-Sweat Camping Checklist
Are you a camper or do you prefer the great indoors? Well, we have some camping options for the adventurous and the outdoor-averse. But before you say “no” to sleeping under the stars, take a look at our no sweat camping checklist. In it you’ll find lots of info to help you plan your trip to your liking.
If you’d rather try “camping lite,” why not camp in your backyard or family room? Or here’s a great link to a list of cabin camping options instead of primitive tent camping. Wherever you choose to set up camp, these camping games and our easy campfire cookout ideas (including delicious twists on s’mores) will make your outing even more fun.
- Sleeping Bags
- Portable chairs
- A couple of garbage bags to keep your campsite clean
- Flashlights and batteries
- Lighter and kindling to start your campfire
- Recreational equipment like bikes or swim gear (check the playtime opportunities near your campsite to know what you’ll need).
- If your campsite has no running water, bring a couple of gallons just for hand-washing and tooth-brushing.
- Hand sanitizer
- Cooler filled with ice, drinks, pre-made sandwiches, wieners and other great Campfire Cookout meals.
- Non-perishable snacks like crackers, granola bars, and of course, your graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate bars for s’mores!
- Easy breakfast items like cereal bars.
- A few wire coat hangers to reconfigure for roasting marshmallows, s’mores making and wiener-roasting sticks.
- Paper plates and napkins
- One seasonally appropriate change of clothing per person
- Shoes suited for hiking, biking, etc.
- Light jackets—sometimes the nights feel chilly after a hot day outdoors!
- Swim wear and towels, if needed
© 2014 iMOM. All Rights Reserved. Family First, All Pro Dad, iMOM, and Family Minute with Mark Merrill are registered trademarks.